Sunday, August 8, 2010

No Food Here!

Being vegan is not always about the food. Veganism is a philosophy the extends beyond diet and touches every aspect of life to ensure animal products are not being exploited. Lately I have been trying to complete my vegan cosmetics. This means I'm trying to make sure my shampoo, conditioner, face wash, face scrub, moisturizer, acne treatment, lip balm, toner and lotion are all vegan. So far I only need lotion and lip balm and everything will be complete.

It is an expensive and slow-moving journey to convert everything. I refuse to throw away old products just to go vegan. So as I have run out, I go out and buy vegan products. My favorite places to go are the Merc (a local co-op), Whole Foods and Lush. Lush is a cosmetic store that their products are 100% handmade, 100% vegetarian and 75% vegan.

I have purchased some pretty "hippy" smelling products in the past, but I've been trying to get more fruity smelling ones. This just adheres to my philosophy that veganism doesn't have to be bad. So, just because I have to buy vegan products doesn't mean it has to smell badly. This new stuff is smelling so good I want someone to shower with me just so they can smell it! haha

I just wanted to share a different part of veganism beyond the food. Hope that was quick and sweet enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment